Salary: £7.20 per hour, 14 hours per week (with the possibility of increased hours subject to funding), 1 year contract
The successful candidate will be expected to provide a variety of nutritional meals for people with African and Caribbean origins and the elderly. Areas of responsibility will include sourcing ingredients, producing healthy menus with the engagement of users and catering for specific events.
Specific tasks include:
- To manage the kitchen staff and volunteers
- To support staff and ensure their development
- To undertake menu planning in consultation with the Luncheon Club Co-ordinator and produce balanced and appropriate meals.
- To determine quantities to be cooked and size of portions to be served, taking into account diets to meet medical, cultural and personal needs of service users.
- To consult with service users to ensure meals are to their requirements.
- To ensure that meals are prepared and presented to an acceptable and consistent standard
- To ensure adequate stock levels, order stock and maintain stock records
- To adhere to food handling, cleanliness, Health & Safety requirements
- To maintain accurate financial accounts for the kitchen
- To undertake training that is relevant to role and to personal development
- To ensure that all work undertaken is carried out in accordance with the Equal Opportunities Policy
- To undertake other appropriate tasks in line with the job role as and when required by the Line Manager
- Experience of catering for older people
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Previous supervisory experience
- Satisfactory CRB checks
- Numerate and literate
- Willingness to undertake training and supervision
- Certificate in food hygiene
- Knowledge/experience of Health & Safety legislation
Please contact Maxine on 01923 216958 ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) for more information. Closing date 31st January 2013.