Formed in September 1995, The African Caribbean Elders Project (“TACEP”) takes a holistic approach to the well-being of the over 50s. Collaborating with organisations such as Age UK, TACEP aims to improve the health and lifestyles of the community through engagement, information, diet and exercise.
The objectives of the project include:
- To provide a meeting place for the elderly of all backgrounds
- To identify common issues concerning the community
- To maintain cultural activities and debate
- To provide mental and physical stimulation
- To provide a link with younger people within the community
- To provide health related support